Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A letter to my little peanut on the day I found out that you exist


Written November 15, 2011

Dear little peanut,

This morning, your daddy and I found out that we are going to be lucky enough to be your parents. Honestly, it still doesn't seem real. I've dreamed about this day for so long - we have been talking about it and you since long before we were married. 

It's so very hard to imagine what our lives with you will be like, but at the same time it's easy. To tell you the truth, I don't feel pregnant. I feel like normal me - I wonder when I'll really start to feel you grow. When will it sink in that we've created a human who will talk and laugh and play?

The moment I saw that pregnancy test tell me that you're coming into my life, I started crying. I thought about the profound change you'll bring to our family and continued to dream about that change for the rest of the day.

You are so lucky, little one! You have a whole bunch of grandparents, aunts and uncles who will be so excited to meet you in 9 months. They'll shower you with love and I hope you know that any of them (Especially mom and dad) would do anything in this world to make you happy. I feel like a few of them (Specifically your Grammas and your Aunt Rose) might be anticipating your existence even more than daddy and me (Okay not possible... but close)! They've been talking about you for years - just wait until you meet them!

I have so many hopes and dreams for you. I hope that you will grow up with confidence and know that you can be anything you want to be. I want you to do your best at anything you do. I wish for you to be a kind person who has empathy for other people. No matter what, we'll always be proud of you!

You've already made the biggest difference in my life. I love you little one, and I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait to snuggle you, and kiss you, and protect you. 

I love you forever,
Mommy

3 comments:

Victoria Provine said...

Well here I am sitting on my couch alone sniffling over this! You're going to be such a great momma :)

Rose said...

I've read this four times and cried every single time. I love you and I love baby and I love this time in your life :)

Anonymous said...

sniff,sniff, happy tears, I love you. Our baby is lucky to have you two as parents. mom