Friday, January 27, 2012

13 weeks

(Originally written on January 19, 2012)

Hey 2nd trimester!! I'm sooo thankful to be here!


Gender: ??

Size of baby: A peach! Holy big!!
Sleep: The Snoogle is here and it works! Yes, it's comically large and it took a few nights to get used to. But since I got it, sleep is so much more comfortable and consistent. Still not normal, but better. I tried a night without it and slept like crap again.

Movement: None

Feeling: So hungry all the time. And tired. And barfy.

I'd also like to say that my mood has been pretty lovely this pregnancy, especially to my husband. There has been some grumpiness of course (just like normal), but I think I'm pleasant for the most part! I've cried just a few times for silly reasons :\

What I miss: Not planning my day around when I might feel yucky or insanely hungry.

What I'm looking forward to: Our next prenatal appointment on Monday! Can't wait to see/hear our little peach.

Best moment this week: I went to a baby shower last weekend that was lots of fun. Also spent an afternoon with my mom, which is always a good time :)

Worst moment this week: Nothing too bad. I guess throwing up! But honestly, I think feeling like you need to barf all afternoon is worse than actually doing it. Sorry, TMI!

Milestones: Baby is forming teeth and vocal cords as well as approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy.

When I read my weekly email from thebump.com to J I totally teared up. A peach is so big and teeth are so grown up! Our little peanut means so much to us!!

Another milestone was throwing up for the first time (outside of when I had the stomach flu).

Cravings: Nothing... I hate food! :(

Food aversions: Everything, especially chicken.

No comments: