Friday, January 27, 2012

9 weeks

(Originally written on December 22, 2011)

On Monday I got a stomach bug that had me throwing up every hour for almost 12 hours. Oh it was horrible! At first I thought it was morning sickness but quickly realized it was not and got a little worried. I called the Kaiser advice line and they said baby is fine as long as I could stay hydrated. She gave me tips like staying on the BRAT diet, and the next day I was feeling much better. Still very nauseous though.

Boom! Belly! Really I think it was the loose shirt that made it look so big, because it didn't look like that the following week :)
Gender: I had a dream that we had a girl and named her Annalise. In the dream I kept wondering why we chose that name - it's fine but nothing we've considered!

Size of baby: An olive
Sleep: Good!

Movement: None of course

Feeling: Weak and nauseous in recovery from my stomach flu. I've forgotten to mention the past few weeks that my boobs are growing and sore! Also, I've noticed sore abs - they feel like I've been doing sit-ups but they're just stretching. Very weird!

What I miss: Having lots of energy.

What I'm looking forward to: Our next prenatal appointment in a month. A friend told me how much you can see baby move at that point so that will be exciting!

Best moment this week: Going to my sis' house in SF.

Worst moment this week: Being sick on Monday. A particular family member's reaction to the news was also pretty crappy: "You are, huh?" Basically didn't care and didn't mention it again. I don't know, perhaps I'm being self-centered.

Milestones: I threw up for the first time in the pregnancy. Would love for it to be the last <----(I did again the day after I wrote that). The embryo is now officially a fetus.

Cravings: None

Food aversions: Everything still! Especially protein - meat and beans sound so gross.

No comments: