Friday, January 27, 2012

14 weeks

I'm all caught up on the weekly updates now! Sorry for the overload, these will now be once a week occurrences. I'm presently 14 weeks.

The other day I noticed that my belly button is growing!! Super weird! It's like... wider and bigger... because it's being stretched in every direction.

I'm really starting to love pregnancy. Yes it's hard at times but it's so amazing and there's something new every day! It seems like every night I say to J "Look how pregnant I look now! I'm bigger!" Then the next night it's "Look how pregnant I look today!"

I think I'm getting stretch marks already though. Before I had it a tiny bit on my hips/sides from growing, and I think they're getting worse! I know I'm prone to get them already because I've had them on my boobs always (well since I got boobs way back when ;)


Gender: Still can't decide if I want to know! J wants to.

Size of baby: The size of a lemon (last week was a peach, which I think is way bigger than a lemon)
Sleep: So uncomfortable!! My back and shoulders are killing me. The Snoogle helps some nights, but not always.

Movement: Nope but it could be in a few weeks. That will be so exciting!

Feeling: So much better! The nausea creeps around at times, but I can at least get hungry without feeling horrible. Round ligament pain sometimes, tired sometimes. But hooray 2nd tri!

What I miss: Liking food. There's still not a ton that actually sounds good to me.

What I'm looking forward to: Our anatomy scan on March 2. We haven't had an ultrasound since baby was just a tiny bean.

Best moment this week: Hearing our little pumpkin kick at my appointment. Amazing! I also spent an afternoon with my friend who's also pregnant. We had lunch and went shopping for maternity clothes and had mucho fun.

Worst moment this week: Bad sleep most nights. Besides being uncomfortable and having back pain, I have to pee so much.

Milestones: This pregnancy has now been announced to the world - i.e. Facebook, of course ;)

The baby can now suck its thumb (OMG!), wiggle its toes, make urine and breath amniotic fluid. The liver, kidneys and spleen are developing. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.

We bought a stroller this week! It feels premature but was such a great deal. I did quite a bit of research to find a stroller to fit our needs - we love to go on long walks around the neighborhood almost every day and want a stroller that's easy to use for walking.

I found that the Baby Jogger City Mini would be perfect. This week Amazon had it on clearance sale for $100 off! I had been intending to look for it used on Craigslist for this price, but we got it brand new. So, hooray!

I had the best time putting it together and taking a test drive around the house ;) hehe. I'm not normally one to choose anything in red, but they only had red and orange on sale. I actually like that it's different from what I'd normally choose.


Cravings: Honeydew melon, cantaloupe and bakery french bread are a few things I'm really liking.

Food aversions: Meat still. Yuck!!

1 comment:

Victoria Provine said...

YEE YOU HAVE A URINE-MAKING TOOTH-HAVING FUZZY LITTLE PERSON IN YOU! I'm still freaking out about this. Also, Tom says he can't wait to test drive that stroller. He also says you're full of baby pee.