Friday, January 27, 2012

7 weeks

(Originally written on December 7, 2011)

We had our first prenatal appointment this week! Details forthcoming in a separate post.


Gender: I still think boy.

Size of baby: A blueberry 
Sleep: Still side sleeping to avoid cramps... still less comfy than sleeping on my belly.

Movement: Nope

Feeling: I don't feel too fatigued until I try to exercise. Our walks this week have made me way more tired than they should :( Still pretty bad cramps - usually morning & night. However, excited that our bean is on schedule!

I've heard that morning sickness starts right on schedule at 6 weeks, and that was true for me! It's not too bad, just a frequent queasy feeling.

What I miss: Eating good food and liking it.

What I'm looking forward to: 2nd trimester, getting a belly, classes on birth, breastfeeding, infant care, etc. (How is this real??!!)

Best moment this week: Our tacky holiday sweater party. And hearing our baby's heartbeat!!! And seeing that I'm progressing normally.

Worst moment this week: Nerves that our peanut isn't healthy, but the first appointment was very reassuring. Also had another 3 a.m. cramps episode. I told my midwife about it and she confirmed that it's normal. She also asked if I get bad menstrual cramps (which I do) and she thinks that they're related. So look forward to that, ladies!

Milestones: Baby's arms and legs are emerging and forming joints, while the brain is generating 100 new cells every minute.

Cravings: Not much, though I had a Lean Pocket that hit the spot.

Food aversions: Everything! Especially meat & that onion in the fridge smells nasty.

No comments: