Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Europe Day 13: Athens, Greece

Our ferry got to Athens about 6 a.m. and we went to meet Sam at her hotel. Because I was so sick, I slept there while Sam & Rose went to get breakfast. That sleep was so needed!

After checkout time Sam went to the airport to fly back home, but we were staying in Athens until that night, then flying back to Dublin.

Rose and I did more walking, sitting and talking. We also did some shopping and I got this painting at the Athens Flea Market.


It still needs a frame but it will live in my home forever and remind me of this fabulous trip! I was also very proud that I was able to haggle with the salesman and pay only 15 Euro when he wanted 20 Euro for it. I saw similar paintings for that much when we were in Athens previously, so I knew it was a fair price.

In the late afternoon/evening we took a bus to the airport (we would have taken the train but the workers were on strike!). We flew to Dublin and arrived around... midnight, maybe? We were staying at the same hostel as previous nights.

Previously...
Day 1: Travel
Day 2: Dublin, Ireland
Day 3: Dublin, Ireland
Day 4: Antrim Coast, Northern Ireland
Day 5: Venice, Italy
Day 6: Rome, Italy
Day 7: Rome, Italy
Day 8: Ostia Antica, Italy
Day 9: Athens, Greece
Day 10: Santorini, Greece
Day 11: Santorini, Greece
Day 12: Santorini, Greece

No comments: