Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Almost legal

Today I took a half day at work. James & I went out to lunch, then went to the County Clerk's office to get our marriage license!

We were there for about 15 minutes. We had already filled out our application online, so we just had to sign, raise our right hand and swear that everything was correct, and listen to how to complete it.


I have also officially decided what my name will be after we're married. Chardonnay MaidenName MarriedName. Chardonnay P. K. I'm dropping my given middle name and making my maiden name into my middle name, because it's more important to me.

2 comments:

MCW said...

Love that is how you are changing your name! My mom did the same thing...I can't wait to make my last name my middle name!

Rebekah said...

I thought about doing that, but I just didn't like the way my maiden name sounded with my married name. So I dropped it. It was more important to me to only have my husband's name too. Getting the license really makes it real!