Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Europe Day 1: Travel

I'm going to recap my recent vacation day-by-day, because if I didn't it would be a monster of a post that would be way too long and boring. The first day is not that exciting - sorry!

James and I left the house bright and early on a Saturday morning to get me to the airport in San Francisco. I had just enough time to wait in line, run to the ATM, exchange my dollars for euro, and quickly eat breakfast before boarding my flight to Chicago. The first flight took about 3 hours, then I had a 2 hour layover.

As the plane pulled onto the runway for takeoff from Chicago O'Hare, I'm fairly certain that I saw President Obama's Air Force One! That's probably the most exciting thing that happened that day.

The flight to Dublin lasted 8 hours and I tried to sleep for as much of it as I could, since I'd be arriving at 8 a.m. local time. Everyone says that the best way to get adjusted to a time change is to stay awake until it's nighttime in your new time zone. Ireland is 8 hours ahead of California, so I knew it would be a long day. If I went to bed at 9 p.m. there, it would be like my 1 p.m.

I got probably 4 hours of sleep in on the plane... then the real vacation began!

More to come soon!

No comments: