Friday, November 27, 2009

Photo Friday / Goal #58: Thanksgiving at our house!

I took a photo of the table set for Thanksgiving dinner.


Sadly, I don't have one of it covered with food and people.

The day was great. I had such a fantastic time with my family talking, laughing and chosing our secret santa gift exchange recipients! I'm excited to shop for my person!

I also loved cooking everything. It wasn't too hard, but the most challenging part was being organized enough to make everything be done at the same time. Organization is totally my thing!

Everyone said the turkey turned out really well. That was the one thing I had never cooked before and was a little intimidated by, but it was pretty easy. I also made: Mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, sweet corn tomalito, basil bubbles and sausage apple & cranberry stuffing.

My mom brought peach pie, pecan pie and strawberry rhubarb pie. My mother-in-law brought lumpia with sweet & sour sauce and wine.

Host Thanksiving at my house was #58 on my list of goals to accomplish by my 30th birthday. I've now completed 30 of the 100!

No comments: