Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thanksgiving menu

In two weeks, James and I are hosting our first Thanksgiving dinner at our house. I'm thrilled that my parents, brother, his girlfriend, and my future mother in law will be joining us! Here's what's on the menu for the day...

Main course:

Turkey (using this recipe and this article)

Salad:

Fresh Express BLT salad from Safeway

Side dishes:

Mashed potatoes (using this recipe plus sour cream)

Gravy (using this recipe)


Sweet potato casserole (using this recipe)


Basil bubbles (see recipe below)

Green bean casserole (using this recipe)

Sausage, apple and cranberry stuffing (using this recipe)

Cranberry sauce (from a can)

Dessert:

Mom is bringing the pies! Strawberry rhubarb, pumpkin, peach and pecan.


Drinks:

Pinot noir



Riesling

Sparkling apple cider

Hungry yet? Me too!

*Basil bubbles recipe:
This is the recipe my mom makes every Thanksgiving. The're sooo good!

Ingredients:
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons sugar
1 stick margarine
2 cups sour cream
*chopped garlic
*parmesan
*basil
*paprika

*The recipe my mom gave me way back when doesn't have amounts of these ingredients. I guess you'll have to just wing it? I recommend lots.

Instructions:

  1. Mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
  2. Cut in margarine.
  3. Add sour cream.
  4. In a separate bowl, combine garlic, parmesan, basil and paprika.
  5. Form balls out of the dough and roll in the mixture of herbs.
  6. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Mouth is watering!!! How fun to host your first Thanksgiving! Menu sounds A-mazing! xoxo