Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday party menu

Here's what we served at our tacky holiday sweater party on Friday. It was way too much food, but oh so good!

Sweets:

Death by chocolate cookies (a recipe from my mom)


Cream puffs... from the freezer section.


My famous fruit dip with strawberries, kiwi and apples.


Apps:

Veggie tray (cucumber, carrots and celery... and no broccoli because I dropped it on the floor) with hummus.


Cheese and meat tray with pepper jack, fontina, gouda and smoked cheese, salami, pepperoni and venison summer sausage


Spinach and artichoke dip (the recipe is in my Make it Fast, Cook it Slow cookbook that was a wedding gift from my sister and brother in law) with tortilla chips




Goat cheese fillo bites - I found this recipe and adapted it a lot. My filling consisted of:
  • 12 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup goat cheese
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 3 tablespoons green onions
  • 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 6 ounches chopped bacon
  • 1/4 cup chopped nuts
  • Honey

On the top I put nuts and honey. They were really good but not good enough to be a favorite!

And I was going to make 7 Layer Dip, but my friend Sabrina offered to bring it.


Drinks:

Champagne punch in this super cute drink dispenser I got at Bed Bath & Beyond


Beer, soda and water


Red and white wine


Sabrina brought red and green Jello shots too!


If I did this menu again I'd cut out the fillo bites and deviled eggs... there was just too much food but I don't think that's the worst problem to have.

1 comment:

Rose said...

mmm you're making me hungry again! the food was fabulous and you're and amazing hostess! :)