Thanks for the recipe, Mom!
1 package of chocolate chips
1 additional package of chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
3/4 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Microwave 1 package of chocolate chips in a large bowl for 30 seconds. Stir, microwave an additional 30 seconds, and repeat until smooth. Never microwave chocolate longer than 30 seconds at a time or it will burn. My mom taught me that.
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir in the brown sugar, butter/margarine and eggs.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the additional bag of chocolate or white chocolate chips. You can also add 2 cups of nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes before you move them.