Tuesday, February 10, 2009

UC Davis Biological Sciences Department.
This is Chardonnay; How can I help you?

I posted this on my MySpace blog a year ago, but am inspired to repost here because of the frequency this is happening to me lately.

A couple of years ago, I started to receive a lot of weird phone calls on my cell phone. Seriously sometimes 3 or 4 times a day, I would get a call from someone trying to reach the UC Davis Biological Sciences Department. I am in no way affiliated with this organization.

Even when people got my voicemail, which says, "Hi, this is Chardonnay. Leave a message and I'll call you back," obviously not the voicemail message of a university office, they still wouldn't catch on. I got tons of voicemails similar to "Hi, I have a question about Bio 120. Can you call me back?"

One guy kept calling when I was at work and couldn't answer. He left me at least 5 messages, each one increasingly irritated. "I really need you to call me back!" Of course I never did.

After a few months of daily phone calls, I finally asked one of the callers where she got my phone number. She said it was on the web site, which I visited ASAP. My number is very similar to the Bio Dept… but I’m not going to post any more hints about it because I don’t want any stalker blog readers knowing my phone number! :P

This has been happening so long that I can always tell when it's the beginning of a new quarter at UCD - I start getting several calls a day for the Bio Dept. Depending on my mood and how polite they are, I'll just say "You have the wrong number," or explain their mistake.

I’ve had this phone number since 2004. I think the calls started coming in 2005 or 2006. I’m really tired of it!

No comments: