It’s a myth that you have to buy special “no boil” noodles - just use whatever you have and I promise it will work. If you want to make it a little healthier use whole wheat lasagna noodles. I can’t tell the difference because there’s so much sauce and cheese.
So here’s the basic recipe. Sometimes I put mushrooms or spinach or sausage in, but just cheese lasagna is amazingly delicious.
1 16 oz. container of low fat ricotta or cottage cheese (do not use nonfat - it’ll turn out weird and watery!)
1 and 1/2 cups grated cheese
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon basil
1 box lasagna noodles
1 25 oz. container of pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta/cottage cheese, 1 cup grated cheese, parmesan, egg and basil.
- In large casserole dish, spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce. Cover that with 3 or 4 noodles (however many cover the bottom of the dish).
- On top of the noodles, put 1 cup sauce. Put ½ of the cheese mixture on top of that.
- Put one more layer of noodles, sauce, then cheese.
- The final layer is noodles and all of the remaining sauce.
Does that make sense? That was kind of hard to explain. Haha
Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 hour at 375. When it’s done, take off the foil and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Put it back in the oven for a few minutes, until it’s melted.