Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Garlic Parmesan Orzo

This recipe calls for orzo, which is a tiny pasta that looks like rice. I’ve also made it with shell pasta, which James prefers. I like it better with orzo though.

I didn’t think this was possible, but the original recipe may actually call for too much garlic. I can’t believe I just typed that. If you don’t like strong garlic flavors, keep that in mind.

2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

  1. Cook orzo according to the box.
  2. In a large skillet, sauté butter and garlic until tender.
  3. Add to the skillet: Orzo, parmesan, milk, parsley, salt and pepper.
  4. Stir the ingredients together until combined and heated through.

No comments: