Wednesday, February 29, 2012

19 weeks

I had the most vivid dream the other night of playing and running errands with our baby boy. That's the second time it's sooo clear (again with a boy) and I can picture exactly what he looks like. He's really smiley in my dreams too! I'm not saying I know the sex - I don't and we're not planning to find out. Just sharing!


I don't feel like I look this big in real life... but I kept trying to suck in and I kept looking just as belly-licious. So I'm thinking it must be true. Not that I mind at all. I love it!

Size of baby: A little mango!
Sleep: I'm happy to report that it's pretty good. I have to get up to pee at least 3 times before morning, but I guess I'm getting used to that. Also getting used to sleeping on my side. So I'm happy in the sleep department.

Movement: I've had several very faint, very infrequent little nudges. I'd say every 2-3 days I can feel baby, but it's still at the point where it's hard to notice and know exactly what it is.

Feeling: Great! I've had some really sharp round ligament pain and headaches when I don't eat enough. But good.

What I miss: Pinot grigio.

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing baby at our ultrasound on Friday (Though I'm not looking forward to the obligatory full bladder for the whole hour-long exam. I don't do well with that these days)!

I have a regular prenatal appointment on Monday too, and after that we're buying the crib and bookshelf. Pretty excited to get that set up, even though it's early. I just want to see them in the nursery and start to organize the baby stuff I've been slowly accumulating! I went kinda crazy at a thrift store last week and bought a good 2 dozen childrens books :)

Best moment this week: Several good things happened this week:
  • We attended a going away party for a friend of ours who is joining the military. I made this cheesecake. It's de-lish.
  • We bought a new (California King size) bed for our room, so that our old queen bed can go in the guest room.
  • I started volunteering again in the Parent Education Program at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services. I'd been doing it in October and November, but then it closed during December and January to move to a new, nicer location. I'm back and I enjoy it a lot - I'm thinking I'll keep volunteering weekly until June, then I'll need to stop for a while.
Worst moment this week: Hmmm, I can't think of anything. I guess it wasn't fun to pay all that moolah for a new bed, but it was a necessary evil.

Milestones: Baby is working on her five senses. Nerve cells for her sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in her brain. Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding her from the amniotic fluid.

Cravings: The only things that sound really good are sushi and sausage potato burritos (turkey sausage, roasted potatoes and barbecue sauce in a tortilla).

Food aversions: Nothing. Yay!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I just discovered your blog. Love the baby bump! I'm just about as far along as you, but I don't think I have much to show for it yet. I hope things keep going smoothly for you! :)