Wednesday, February 8, 2012

16 weeks

I'm starting to realize that people are soooo nice to you when you're pregnant! Not that I was mistreated before, but pretty much everyone I know is all, "How are you feeling? Can I get you a snack? You look great! Don't lift that, I'll do it. How are you feeling??" You all really know how to make a girl feel loved!! I could get used to this. Haha.


Gender: Some friends said girl this weekend. They said James would be a good girl dad - they're totally right!

Size of baby: An avocado.
Sleep: Pretty uncomfortable, and I have to pee at least 3 times during the night.


Movement: Hopefully soon!

Feeling: I can tell that the belly is growing because my abs are sore (it's not painful at all, just noticeable... and pretty cool). Overall I'm feeling fab. Out of breath when walking and I get tired quickly.

What I miss: Maybe champagne. But not too much.

What I'm looking forward to: Decorating baby's room! We bought a new dresser for ourselves last weekend and put the old one in the nursery (I don't see a need to buy a nice one since children don't tend to treat anything gently). Now that there's furniture in that room, I feel the itch to add more! First steps will be window treatments, a crib and bookshelf.

Best moment this week: Seeing our friends at the annual oyster party at a local winery. It's crazy how tired I can get but it was so much fun.

Worst moment this week: Looks like we're going to have to pay taxes this year. Lame! I did a quick Turbo Tax run-through... I'm hoping hoping hoping that huge number is an error!

Milestones: Baby can start to hear my voice, which he'll recognize when he's in the outside world! ♥ ♥ ♥ Hair, lashes and eyebrows are forming, as well as taste buds.

This was a first - my (slightly intoxicated) friends bending down and talking to my belly: "Hi baby! Are you a boy or a girl?!" Love you girls!

Cravings: Nothing in particular.

Food aversions: Not craving meat in the slightest... but it doesn't gross me out quite as much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you were growing in me, you would dance (move more) when you heard guitar music in church. It's cool to know s/he already knows all about you through voices/moods etc. Love, mom