Sunday, September 5, 2010

Goal #62: Have a girls day with my mother in law

Yesterday was my second and final wedding dress fitting, which I completely forgot to blog about after my first appointment! I picked it up yesterday and it fits perfectly. Previously, it was way too big in the waist and hips. Every time I tried it on I had to convince myself that it would look good again. Seriously, it was horribly unflattering. I took it to Lana's Studio in Carmichael, and it looks much better now!

My sister/maid of honor and James' mom came with me. Rose had to learn how to bustle it, and I just wanted Rita to see it. After we got the dress, Rita and I went to lunch, then the mall to find her a dress for the wedding.

It was a lot of fun shopping! She found not one but two dresses because they were both on sale for great prices... and she got me a bracelet to wear on our wedding day. Every time I go to Macy's for the past few months I look at this bracelet, hoping it's on sale. It still wasn't, but my savvy mother in law had a $10 off coupon making it much better :)


Later in the afternoon we went to a barbeque at our friends' house. The rest of the 3-day weekend will be low key, I'm just going to try to get as organized as possible for the wedding... in 13 days!

See my list of 100 goals to accomplish before my 30th birthday here.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

How exciting! I'm glad your dress turned out great. I love the bracelet. These last couple weeks will fly by!