Thursday, June 25, 2009

Goal #31: See The Lion King live

Last night I saw The Lion King at Sacramento’s Community Center Theater and loved it! Everyone always raves about how great it is, and I completely agree. The actors are SO impressive with their ability to sing and dance, especially the children who played young Simba and Nala. They’re only 11 years old and crazy talented!


I loved, loved, loved this show, and I said it last time I went to one, but I need to go to more live shows! This summer I want to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Altar Boyz at Music Circus. Can’t wait!


I went with Rose and beforehand we went to Capitol Garage. They have some really good happy hour deals - $3.50 long islands, $3 margaritas, $2.50 well drinks... but the appetizers ($3-4) weren't great. I may return soon for the drink specials, though. Their happy hour lasts until 7:00 too, while a lot end at 6:00.

In other news, I'm loving the Wii Sports that James got me for my birthday! Tennis is my favorite. Golf and bowling are a lot of fun. I totally suck at baseball, and boxing is hard! I thought I'd love boxing since I'm so into kickboxing, but it's hard to get the hang of the game. I played Wii tennis Tuesday and my back is still a little sore! It can be a pretty good workout. Better than nothing, anyway.

>100 goals<

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, I want to see The Lion King so bad! The only big show I've seen is Mama Mia, which was awesome. I love live performances, whether it's music or a play. And I need to go more often too!