Thursday, July 19, 2012

39 weeks

We're SO close!! Just how close I don't know, but it can't be more than a few weeks now. Could be days. At my appointment on Monday, I was 1 cm dilated and 0% effaced - which I was kind of expecting. My next appointment is the 30th - AKA 4 days after my due date. I think I just might make it there.


Today I went to a CHP office and had an officer check our carseat to make sure we installed it correctly. We did, which made me feel like a good mom. Haha. We passed our first parenting test! Even though everything he told me I had read already, it was still reassuring and I'd recommend any new parent do this!

Size of baby: The size of a watermelon!!
Sleep: Fine, although my nightly 3 trips to pee has increased to 4-5.

Movement: I can feel baby's foot pretty much every day, which I love. A few places on my belly are feeling a little tender, like they've been kicked too much and are bruising from the inside :S

Feeling: We went to music in the park on Sunday and I was pretty uncomfortable sitting on the ground... we left after about 40 minutes. I also feel really tired and have to pee constantly. And every once in a while I get a lightning bolt of crazy pain in my pelvis, which from what I've read, might be due to baby moving lower and pushing on new nerves that have never been pushed on before. Overall I feel really good for 39 weeks pregnant, these are just my notable symptoms.

What I miss: My old bladder function - this is redic!

What I'm looking forward to: Holding my baby. Finding out if it's a he or a she. Breastfeeding. Seeing what and who he/she looks like. Choosing a name (we have 1 girl name, but 2-3 boy names). Kissing that sweet little face...

Best moment this week: Hanging out with family Friday and Saturday.

Worst moment this week: Being a little grumpy (I'm entitled to that, right?).

Milestones:
  • He's probably able to flex his limbs now.
  • His brain is still rapidly developing - he's getting smarter by the week!
  • His nails may extend past his fingertips.
Cravings: Nothing really... well I suppose I'm always up for dessert...

Food aversions: Nothing in particular.

No comments: