Thursday, July 5, 2012

37 weeks

I'm full term as of today! I had a midwife appointment on Monday - baby is head-down! Good job, peanut.

My baby shower was also last weekend, and it was lovely! That deserves its own separate post (coming soon).


I continue to have contractions every day. At the end of the shower I actually had like 6 in an hour, then again while waiting for my appointment on Monday. But then I can go hours without feeling one.

Size of baby: A winter melon.
My midwife felt around and estimated the baby's current weight at 5.5 pounds. She thinks that I'll have a 7.5 to 8.5 pound baby at birth. Perfect.

Sleep: I use the Snoogle on nights I can't get comfortable. That helps. I'm getting plenty of sleep and it's fine. I'm used to having to pee at 1, 3, 5 and 7 a.m., so I don't consider that a disruption anymore.

Movement: Yep. I'm convinced that my child was startled by the loud fireworks last night! :(

Feeling: I think I feel great for someone who's about to have a baby! Some feet swelling (but really not too bad and drinking lots of water helps), and I'm certainly very tired after doing anything physical... and grocery shopping counts as something physical ;)

What I miss: Leaning over too much - like to write stuff on the coffee table - hurts my belly! I miss not having that pain.

What I'm looking forward to: Picking up the last items we need before baby arrives.

Worst moment this week: It was so busy with dad in the hospital and sister visiting - I felt like I was go go go constantly.

Best moment this week: My baby shower, and having all those lovely ladies there to show their love for me and baby (and husband). My dad also went home from the hospital on Saturday after almost a whole week!

Milestones: Reaching full term! Baby's now practicing inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking.

Cravings: Nothing sounds good!

Food aversions: Mexican food is not sounding great to me in particular.

No comments: