Thursday, July 12, 2012

38 weeks

Happy 33rd birthday, daddy! Today is my husband's birthday, and Saturday is my dad and sister in law's birthday. We're having a dinner for the two dads at our house tomorrow.
 

I can't help but wonder how many more of these weekly pictures I have left...

Size of baby: A pumpkin! That's what James calls both me and baby :)
Sleep: Just fine.

Movement: I love feeling our little pumpkin stretch out, and imagining what's going on in there. The most exciting feeling-the-baby news is that I felt a foot!!! It was a tiny little lump sticking out on the side of my tummy. I couldn't count the toes or grab it, but it was totally a foot! A few days later I felt it again, and I could feel baby move its leg away until I could no longer reach that cute little extremity (which actually seemed larger than I'd expect).

Feeling: I'm having a lot of hip/pelvic pain on days when I do a lot of standing, and still getting contractions once in a while. Now that we have all the essential items necessary before baby arrives (including installing the car seat!), I'm feeling a lot more prepared and ready. I'm still in no hurry though.

What I miss: I really want a beer when I BBQ!

What I'm looking forward to: My next appointment with my midwife is Monday, and I'm extremely curious to find out if/how much I'm dilated/effaced.

Best moment this week: Hanging out with my friend S, her week-old newborn and 3.5 year old little boy. I changed my first diaper (Yes, ever. I don't know how I got this far in life without the experience, but I've done it now!) and got to practice swaddling.

Worst moment this week: It's too damn hot - 100+

Milestones: Mommy milestones - diaper changing and swaddling - are mentioned above. Baby's head is now about the same circumference as his abdomen, and he's shedding the vernix caseosa - the protective white goo for sitting around in water for all these months. It's no longer needed because I could have a baby any minute now!

Cravings: Sweets.

Food aversions: I bought kale trying to be healthy, and find it pretty gross. The texture is just... blech. I don't think that's a pregnancy food aversion though, I think I just don't like it!

No comments: