Thursday, May 3, 2012

28 weeks

The other day I signed us up for some classes through Kaiser: Breastfeeding, Newborn Care, and Hospital Tour. Hubs and I are looking forward to them... we need the education! :)

I also had my 28 week appointment on Monday and took my Glucose Tolerance Test. I passed! Woo hoo! That means no gestational diabetes and no low-carb/low-sugar diet. I was just worried because I've known two women who had it the past few years and I saw how frustrating it was for them. YAY. I'm so glad that my body is doing what it's supposed to do.


Size of baby: The size a of a rutabaga?? WTF is that? (I googled it, and it's a large turnip. I have no idea how big it is though)
Sleep: Fine. Weird dreams.

Movement: Of course this child likes to stress me out... at my appointment my midwife said to make sure that baby kicks 10 times in an hour at least once a day. That's usually not a problem, but the days right after she told me that have been slow movement days. Baby gets there, but not until 10 p.m., allowing me to worry all day long that my peanut isn't growing how she's supposed to.

Feeling: For the better part of this week I've felt like there's a baby head pushing up into my ribs. It's kind of uncomfortable! Go ahead and flip head down any day now, little one!

What I miss: I'd love a beer. Also? Having a little bit of grace! I've heard people say that they're clumsy when pregnant, and let me tell you it's true. I'm constantly running into walls and furniture!

What I'm looking forward to: The aforementioned classes and my baby shower.

Best moment this week: Meeting my hubby's newfound sister for the first time... it's a long, but happy story that I may tell sometime...

Worst moment this week: Rib pain (it's really not that bad but I don't have much to complain about this week :)

Milestones: Baby's putting on more and more fat and getting ready to be a real newborn!

Cravings: Sweets... I really love pudding. But I cut out most sugar for several days leading up to my glucose test.

Food aversions: Nothing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

on the clumsies-Your belly keeps getting bigger so you don't know how close you can get without knocking things over! When i was pregnant, I remember also bumping things over with my bigger butt!
Don't stress about feeling the baby movements-I think that's hippy talk! hahaha