Thursday, April 19, 2012

26 weeks

I kind of feel like I've looked the same for the past month... I guess that's okay. Someday soon I'll feel like a whale so I like this size. This picture was taken at 25 weeks, 5 days pregnant - exactly 100 days before my due date!

This (non-maternity) shirt is getting tight! The only reason I can still wear it is because I put a long maternity tank underneath. Otherwise it's too short.
Crazy realization... today my stomach was growling, and I realized that the sound was coming from a place that my stomach has never been before - way higher under my boobs! I know that your organs shift around to make room for baby, but it was just so weird to be aware of it all the sudden.

Size of baby: A head of lettuce
Sleep: Fine.

Movement: Aunt Victoria was the first person to feel it from the outside!! We were at her house when baby got the hiccups (25 weeks, 3 days pregnant), and she was able to feel it. I'm really hoping that James can feel it very soon!

The hiccup incident also confirmed (in my mind) that baby is still in breech position. Kicks (feet) are mostly down low, and the hiccups (face) were up high. I don't think that's a concern until July though - there's plenty of time to move around.

I do think the fact that kicks are almost always way down low is making it difficult to feel from the outside though!

Feeling: Great :) When I go for an extra long walk (more than an hour) I feel really tired and get sciatic pain. Actually today I volunteered for 4 hours and I'm now feeling really exhausted from that!

What I miss: Sleeping all night without having to take bathroom breaks.

What I'm looking forward to: Babymoon! Beach! Hearst Castle!

image source
Best moment this week: Going to my brother and SIL's house in Santa Rosa, and also going out to dinner with some girlfriends.

Worst moment this week: Having to pay taxes. Lame lame lame!

Milestones: Eyes are forming, and his eyes will soon start to open. The eyelashes are already formed. He's getting his immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up my antibodies, as well as taking breaths of amniotic fluid.

Cravings: Sweeeets

Food aversions: Nothing. I even like chicken again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS A FUN VISIT AT TOM AND VICTORIA'S !
LETTUCE ALL BE PATIENT FOR OUR TURN TO FEEL THE BABY ! I LOVE YOU,MOM