Friday, April 6, 2012

24 weeks

Last night was our first Bradley birth class (a 12-week series). It was really cool! We both enjoyed it, and hubby said he's already learned a lot.


At my midwife appointment on Monday, she measured the size of my uterus for the first time. It was measuring a little large - the size of a 26 week belly.

Size of baby: The size of a grapefruit.
Sleep: Good! Love it!

Movement: Every day! I think baby might have had the hiccups the other night! I've heard it feels like little movements every few seconds at a rhythm... and that's what I felt. Cute.

Feeling: I'm getting to that point where it's hard to get off the couch! So I'll say I'm feeling... pretty pregnant. Symptoms: Swollen feet, round ligament pain when I turn over at night sometimes (I was getting it when I stood up too fast, and I finally learned to always stand up s.l.o.w.l.y.), sciatic pain after long walks. Actually, all-around full-body exhaustion after long walks.

What I miss: Hubs and I went for a 90 minute river walk on Sunday... maybe 4 miles but I'm not sure... and for the rest of the day I was so. effing. tired. I couldn't do anything but lounge! So, what I miss is going on those long walks and still having energy to do anything else!

What I'm looking forward to: Family time - we have some stuff planned for here in Sacramento this weekend, and next weekend we're visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Santa Rosa. I'm also looking forward to continuing our Bradley course.

Best moment this week: Witnessing 2 of our best friends tie the knot.

Worst moment this week: I felt pretty crappy all day Wednesday with a tummyache and headache.

Milestones: Our first childbirth class. 24 weeks is also the point of viability, which means if I went into premature labor baby would have a chance a surviving in the outside world. But keep baking, little one! We're not ready for you yet.

Cravings: Sweets. I made carrot cake for my sister's (late) birthday last weekend. With homemade cream cheese frosting. OMG so good. I brought some leftovers home and the father of my child proceeds to eat 2 big pieces and leave my a tiny one. This mama was irrationally pissed! LOL.

Food aversions: Eggs. I want to have a nice protein-y breakfast, but all that sounds good in the a.m. is toast and sometimes cereal.

1 comment:

Stefanie K. said...

Oooh, yay for Bradley! Did she go over nutrition with you yet? And give you forms to fill out? Unfortunately, I had a major egg aversion too...but Bradley promotes (my teacher all but forced, and my COACH actually DID force, ha!) 2 eggs EVERY DAY. Try to get them down if you can. They're a serious pregnancy superfood. The easiest way for me was hardboiled. Good luck!! Very exciting times :)