Wednesday, March 28, 2012

23 weeks

I can't tell if I'm carrying high or low. Thoughts? Is it too early to say?


Size of baby: A pomegranate
Sleep: Okay, though it's getting less comfortable. I haven't used my snoogle in a while because it's been more comfy without it. But lately there have been a few nights when I wanted to again... only the cat's been sleeping on it so I have to wash it first...

Movement: Every day now! Little kicks that feel like twitches.

There's also another feeling that I really can't describe... every once in a while I'm aware of something going on down there. You know how right before you burp... that feeling that something's about to happen? It's like that feeling. Nothing ever does happen, but it feels different for a minute and I imagine that's when he's not kicking, but rolling around? I'm not sure. Weird description. Ha.

Feeling: The weird stomach pain hasn't returned after having it 3 days in a row last week. Thankfully. That crap hurt.

This week's discomfort? Feeling suffocated, as if there's not enough room inside of me for my lungs to expand as much as they want to. I don't like this, seeing as how I still have 4 months of growing left!

The cankles are also a constant end-of-day thing. I can even feel the swelling coming on - though I'm still wearing my wedding ring even though it's tighter.

But overall I feel good!

What I miss: Being able to stay out late, and not feel tired/hungover for the next 24 hours.

What I'm looking forward to: Starting our Bradley class next week. We had some contractors over and one of them told me about his 3 kids' births - one a C-section, one with an epidural, and one natural (using the Bradley Method). He said the natural birth was the best - it was calm, personal and special. It was so encouraging!

Best moment this week: We had such a good weekend with friends! Saturday was a "port and dessert" party - I made this cherry crumble and everyone brought something yummy to eat and drink. Of course I didn't drink... but staying out until midnight still makes me feel hungover the next day! Sunday another couple of our friends stopped by our house and hung out for a while and shared some great news. And Tuesday I even saw The Hunger Games with our aforementioned party hostess. Good social week.

Worst moment this week: Nothing bad really happened... I guess I'll say the fact that I didn't get as much exercise as I should have due to the rain.

Milestones: His face is fully formed now - he just needs a little extra fat to fill it out. In addition to hearing my voice and heartbeat, baby's able to hear loud noises on the outside of the belly too!

Cravings: Cabury caramel eggs.

Food aversions: Nothing specific... but nothing sounds all that yummy either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think you are carrying high but i forget if that means it's a girl or a boy ?