Wednesday, March 14, 2012

21 weeks

Seriously, when I look in the mirror this is not what I see! I don't feel this big at all. And then I take a belly pic and it's like BOOM! You're pregnant!

Size of baby: A banana. Last week was a cantaloupe - isn't that way bigger?
Sleep: Sleep is good and pretty comfortable! I have to pee consistently at 1, 3 and 5 a.m. Always. It's like my body's teaching me to get up every 2 hours... hmmm.

Movement: I can feel a little something every day or two. Most days it's really little.

Feeling: Fine. Good. Lovely. Not putting my feet up all day results in cankles... that's pretty ugly! Speaking of ugly... my stretch marks continue to grow each day. Of course, it's all worth it!

What I miss: I miss booze just a little bit.

What I'm looking forward to: Filling out the baby book. We registered for this one and reading the pages to fill out (in the store) makes me cry! It asks about the day we found out I was pregnant, has a page for a family tree, pictures of mommy and daddy, milestones, info about the day baby is born... it's just precious!


Best moment this week: We got our registries done! It was kind of overwhelming to do actually, but it's fun looking at them and I'm happy to have it completed.

Worst moment this week: When a tree branch fell on our house, leaving two holes all the way through to the attic, prompting us to look into re-roofing the entire house and paying to have the tree removed altogether. The tree has been removed, the holes are covered with a tarp (They're only an inch or two big) and we're currently getting quotes from roofers. $$$$

Milestones: As her digestive system preps for the outside world, she's manufacturing meconium (The first poop. Lovely). If it's a girl, she's already got a lifetime's supply of eggs in her womb - about six million of them.

Cravings: I've been having a lot of chocolate pudding recently. I feel the need to buy some caramel sauce to put in it... YUM!

Food aversions: I made the most disgusting turkey meatballs last week. I don't know that it was a pregnancy aversion though, since hubby agreed they were pretty bad!

No comments: