Wednesday, March 7, 2012

20 weeks

Half way there! Absolutely cannot believe it! My stomach is definitely getting harder.


I've had stretch marks on my sides for weeks and weeks, but they've now appeared on my belly. I know they're going to be bad! I just know it. Not a huge deal... it's not like I'm a bikini wearer and the flabby skin postpartum will be much worse, I'm sure. But still, nobody likes to see stretch marks on their body.

Size of baby: A cantaloupe - so big! I do not feel like there is a cantaloupe inside of me. I think perhaps this refers to length only?
Sleep: Good! Hooray for that! I've found the sweet spot for side sleeping. Must pee often though.

Movement: About every day or two. It's still faint but getting noticeably stronger. The other night I was telling hubs that I think we have a mellow baby... a few minutes later baby started flailing around saying "nuh uh!" I almost always feel movement in the afternoon or evening.

Feeling: Fab. Loving this pregnancy. I had a bit of a leg cramp off and on, and I didn't even think of it as being a pregnancy symptom... then I read that it's common around this time. I had no idea. I think the feet are swelling a little when I spend all day on my feet too.

What I miss: Raw sushi.

What I'm looking forward to: Feeling baby more, and strong enough for daddy to feel too.

Best moment this week: Finding out that peanut is in perfect health. That's what it's all about!

Worst moment this week: Realizing how much weight I'm gaining despite eating well and exercising. Frustrating!

Milestones: Reaching the halfway point in this pregnancy! Seeing baby at my anatomy scan. Baby now has working taste buds and is swallowing several ounces of amniotic fluid each day (I think we may have witnessed this during the ultrasound!).

Cravings: Today I bought a Cadbury creme egg and a Cadbury caramel egg. And then I ate them both. And they were uhhh-mazing. The caramel slightly more so.

Food aversions: When I volunteer on Tuesdays they feed us lunch, and this week they had turkey. I had one bite and no more. The texture and the taste just grossed me out.

2 comments:

Stefanie K. said...

You look FANTASTIC!!

am258 said...

I love that you are blogging all of this and one day that little peanut will be able to read all about how you felt when you were pregnant.

:)