Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Recent recipe wins

I love to read cooking blogs, meal plan and cook lately, I think it's something that happens to newlyweds. Here are some the recipes I've tried recently that are definite repeats!

Pizza Dough


Next time I'm going to try it with whole wheat flour, and I'll update this post with the results. Update: I tried it with whole wheat flour - it's fine but much better with white! That's how I'm going to make it from now on.

Pulled Pork Sandwiches
(from my bloggy friend mrsedwardscooks.blogspot.com)


Amazing! That's all I have to say! Everyone loves it.

Healthy Baked Potato Soup


This is almost as good as the recipe I posted a few months ago, but a lot healthier because instead of all potatoes it's half potatoes, half pureed cauliflower.

Cilantro Lime Rice


I made it with brown rice and it was still sooo good, just like Chipotle.

Fresh Salsa


I've realized that salsa freshly made at home far surpasses any prepared salsa I can buy. I like this base recipe, and add to it lime/lemon juice, sometimes cilantro, and I'd like to try corn too. Fresh tomatoes can be used instead of canned, and I keep it chunky instead of blending it.

Bolognese Stuffed Bell Peppers


Pretty and delicious :)

Pepperoncini Beef Sandwiches


I added some BBQ sauce on top of the sandwich.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

YUM! I love that you loved that recipe! I make that Cilantro Lime rice all the time! Dylan knows every time I buy cilantro, I'm making rice!

Jillian said...

you have got my cravings going full throttle.

Thanks for stopping by today! We are so excited about our baby girl

Rose said...

This post is making me so hungry! Why haven't I been invited to try out some of these delicious recipes?! ;)

Sam said...

The pulled pork looks amazing!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Yummers, I need a new recipe for book club I'm hosting this week :)