1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup flour
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
3 large egg whites (I just use one whole egg)
1 tablespoon water
3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half to make cutlets
2 cups tomato sauce
1 tablespoon fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 475.
2. Combine bread crumbs and oil in skillet and toast over medium heat until darkened. Put in dish. Once cool, add in the parmesan.
3. In another dish, combine flour, garlic powder, 1 Tbsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
4. In a third dish, whisk the eggs and water together.
5. Line a baking sheet with foil.
6. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
7. Dip the chicken in flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs. Lay flat on baking sheet.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes. Check that the inside isn't pink.
9. Put 2 Tbsp sauce on each cutlet and 2 Tbsp cheese over it. Put them back in the oven until the cheese melts (about 5 minutes).
10. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
310 calories and 8 grams of fat per serving. Makes 6 servings.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Healthy chicken parmesan