Saturday, January 3, 2009

January so far

A synopsis of the past few days:

Wednesday was New Years Eve. I had to work but they let us go home 2.5 hours early! I love when that happens :) At 11 p.m. I went to the ball drop with boyfriend James and sister Rose. We were considering watching the fireworks at Old Sac, but decided to go to the ball drop because it was *new*... the fireworks would have been so much cooler! The ball drop was just kinda lame. Lots of people standing too close together, waiting for midnight. I looove fireworks, so next year and every year thereafter we'll be doing that. It was fun to be out and doing something new though. I'm waiting for Rose to email me pics from that night.

Thursday, New Years Day, was a day off work. Looove that even more than leaving early! James and I went on our first bike ride together. I bought mine several months ago, but I just bought one for him for Christmas. We went over to the Sacramento River. Probably 1.5 to 2 mile round trip, which was actually kind of hard! My legs felt worked at the end. I guess I'll have to get used to it. We'll definetely be doing it more.

Friday I would have gone back to work, but instead drove up to far NorCal to attend my uncle's funeral. He was a Vietnam war veteran, so they shot guns and played taps. The song is very emotional. His youngest daughter is only 18, and has not had the easiest circumstances in life. I'm so proud of her. She deals with everything wonderfully. I can't imagine losing a parent at such a young age.

This morning we were planning to get up early and go to the gym so I could attend the 9 a.m. kickboxing class. Instead we decided to sleep in and go to the gym this afternoon. Oh well, I love kickboxing but I love sleeping too!

No comments: