Friday, April 22, 2011

Getting to know me & my hubby

I've seen this little survey on several blogs lately and since I can never think of anything to blog about other than house hunting lately, I thought I'd play along too.

How long have you been together?
Almost 5 years! We met on July 8, 2006 and our first date was the next day. We got engaged 3 years later and we've been married for 7 months now.

Our first picture together (August 2006?) - San Francisco before a Giants game
How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Oh about 20 hours...

Who asked who out?
He asked me, after I dropped plenty of subtle hints first.

Did you go to the same school?
We went to Sacramento State together my last two years. We met through a community college summer school class (Art History), coincidentally the semester before he was transferring to Sac State.

Graduation - May 2008
Who is the most sensitive?
I am, but J is sensitive for a man - meaning he notices when people are upset, etc.

Where do you eat out most together?
Sushi Cafe, Giovanni's and Chicago Fire. Sushi and pizza in general!

Where is the furthest you have travelled together?
Victoria, British Columbia. It was so beautiful and such a fun trip!

Butchart Gardens, Victoria, BC
Who has the worst temper?
I am much quicker to get annoyed, but he is worse when he's really mad.

Who does the cooking?
I do! J can cook frozen burritos, scrambled eggs and pancakes. The good thing is that he's so far from picky it's not even funny! Everything I cook is delicious to him :) I like my cooking most of the time but there have been some serious fails that I refused to eat... and he happily finished them.

Who is more social?
I am, by far. He's become much more social in the past few years though.

Padres vs. Giants in San Diego - 2007
Who is the neat freak?
Neither! We're both medium-cleanliness.

Who is the most stubborn?
Him.
Who hogs the bed?
I don't know, we're equal - but I know that I want a California King!

Lake Tahoe - 2007
Who wakes up earlier?
J is such a morning person. He's always up early.

Where was your first date?
Dinner at Outback Steakhouse, and then we went to the movies and watched Pirates of the Caribbean (whichever one came out in 2006). It was such a boring movie... I have a short attention span for movies I don't like!

How long did it take to get serious?
Fast! A few weeks. We were pretty much inseparable immediately.

Music in the Park - 2009
Who eats more?
J does.

Who does the laundry?
I do - I like to do it! He puts it away half the time, and I always make him match up the socks. I never want to do that. But I control the actual washing the laundry.

Who drives when you are together?
Whoever's car we're taking usually drives. Except when we're going downtown - I always drive because he gets stressed out finding parking! Often other times I'll ask him to drive my car because I prefer to be the passenger... but it's about half and half.

Tacky Sweater Party - 2010
Who is the first one to admit when they're wrong?
We're both good about doing that, I think.

Who wears the pants in your relationship?
It's about equal. Some things are important to each of us and we can compromise.

Who eats more sweets?
Most likely me.

I love my hubby and being married to him! I didn't know how much marriage would mean to me before it happened. It's priceless to have someone that I know will always be there for me and loves me no matter what.

No comments: