Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Goal #36: Pay off my student loans

As of today, I'm 100% debt free! And will be that way until we get a mortgage later this year. It feels good!


I had been making regular payments - twice the minimum, but it still would have taken several more years to pay off my two student loans.

We have decided to get an FHA or, more likely a VA home loan (James was in the Marines), meaning that we don't have to use much of our savings for a large down payment on a house. So I just paid my loans off to be done with it and avoid paying more interest.

That's two less bills every month (that I can put back into savings)... yay!

See my list of 100 goals to accomplish by my 30th birthday here.

6 comments:

MCW said...

Congrats! That is soooo exciting!!!! And must feel like such a relief.

Teenage Bride said...

yay!! Good for you, I bet that feels soooo good

Rose said...

That must be an amazing feeling! You're awesome Suz!

Mike and Katrina @HA said...

saweeeeet! That's exciting. I had been debt free before buying the house. This load will take a while to pay off :)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Good for you! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

http://boatupstate.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=31199
my folders are blurr look like an virus what i have to do tell me