Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our wedding day: Getting ready

On the morning of our wedding, we woke up excited, yet calm. We made ourselves stay in bed until almost 7 a.m., at which point it was no longer possible! We had breakfast together and got our stuff ready for the day.

A few friends sent me texts that morning, which made me cry!

Rose arrived at 9:30, and James left at 10. I wouldn't see him until we met for pictures that afternoon.

I hung out with Rose for a while and we left for our hair appointments a little after James did. My hair was fine... to be honest I didn't love it but it doesn't bother me - everything else was so perfect that nothing could phase me! But especially after being in the wind for a few hours taking pictures, it was a mess!


We went back to the house and my parents brought Mexican food for lunch. I was starving!


My grandparents also came over before the wedding, as well as a cousin and my sister Samantha and brother in law Andre. I was in the bathroom doing my makeup most of the time, but having everyone there made the atmosphere very relaxed.


After my makeup was done I did shed a few tears, when the reality of the moment hit me. This is my "I'm excited and nervous and a ball of emotions but I don't want to mess up my makeup" look.


Then I had to rush to get dressed and get my jewelry on. I was meeting James at the beach for pictures at 3:15 and he was super early so I felt bad that he was waiting for me!


Here's Sam realizing that my dress didn't have a hook at the top of the zipper, but not telling me so that I wouldn't worry. She brought my sewing kit in her purse in case the zipper came down (it didn't).




Rose and I drove together. When we arrived I met the photographers and we went to find my groom for our "first look..."

I think I should also tell you about James' day, since it was his wedding too! He met his sister and her family at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and hung out with them in the morning. He says he was really nervous all day... awww! They had lunch together, then he went to his parents' hotel room to get ready. His aunt and uncle were staying at the same hotel, so he said hi to them and then went to the beach to wait for me...

The rest of my recaps will be professional photos by Wedding & Glamour Photography by Tammynize.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love these posts. Your hair looks great! Your dress is gorgeous. I think my husband was a little nervous as well. He said he felt like he was going to pass out while waiting for me, but as soon as he saw me, he felt great!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Soooooo pretty -- you looked perfect!!!
Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

BG said...

so beautiful :)