Thursday, October 7, 2010

The day before our wedding (Part 1)

The day before our wedding was the BEST day before our wedding I could have asked for! It was fantastic! In the morning James (who wasn't sick any longer :) and I went for a walk along the ocean. Again. Love love love it!

We picked up the flowers at our coordinator's house at 11 a.m. The one thing I would have changed about this day was that I would have picked them up about 9 a.m. It was fine though.

We got them home and started preparing the flowers, and my parents and maid of honor showed up soon after to help.

We took all the flowers out of the boxes they came in, and put them in buckets, ice chests and trash cans with water (whatever we could find)!



My other sister and her husband came a little later, and the whole family helped assemble flowers. It was so great! The flowers turned out absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy we did them ourselves. It would have been twice the cost, or more, for a florist to do so much.


After the flowers were in buckets, we had to take the leaves off every. single. stem. Plus dethorn the roses.

  

We made two bouquets,



Plus a whole bunch of centerpieces. I actually don't know how many. I think about 40? The way our tables were set up, we didn't need an exact number. Just a bunch!


James and I delivered the finished flowers to our coordinator's house. As soon as we got home I took a shower and got ready for the rehearsal at 5 p.m., and James' parents also arrived around that time.

Part 2 coming soon, as I patiently wait for pictures of our rehearsal from my sister ;)

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Wow, your flowers are gorgeous!! Flowers are SO expensive. I found that out during our planning. I don't think I would have had the patience to do it myself though. You did a wonderful job!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Wow, they look so professional and nice! The variety of flowers you used look great together!

When I was getting quotes from different florists I was so shocked at how much they wanted to charge for simple arrangements that I could easily do myself. I even wanted to use the cheap flowers, carnations, some hydrangea's, mums, and it was so costly. I was toying with the idea of DIY'ing some arrangements but I was lucky and able to find a florist that was very reasonable so I decided to just get them done professionally.
I will be DIY'ing our ceremony arrangements made out of dune grass, branches in tall square vases though but I think that shouldn't be too hard to tackle myself! :)

I always love seeing other brides DIY their flowers. You must feel so good knowing you were able to save so much money doing them yourself! :)