Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sushi obsession

I'm a lifelong seafood hater. For as long as I can remember, I never liked fish with very few exceptions. That's why I'm totally and completely perplexed at my latest food craving (that I've been getting about twice a week) - sushi! Yummm!


The first time I had sushi I was 19 and went with my roommates. I thought it was disgusting! But a few months ago James and I went out with some friends... I didn't expect to like it at all but ordered a roll to be adventurous. I loooved it!! And I haven't met a roll I didn't like since.


Ever since then I've been asking my coworkers to go with me at lunch, going for dinner with James and friends, and even stopping by Safeway's deli at lunch because I'll get irresistible cravings that convince me that I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT live another hour without sushi!


I think I definitely need to learn how to make it, because this obsession is going to get expensive!


Oh, and the other weird thing? All the sudden I can use chopsticks functionally, which I could never do before! What's with that?!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

That is hilarious. I have never liked seafood and so I'm very weary of sushi! My sister loves it and keeps telling me to try it. I suppose I need to be more adventurous.

I don't think I could ever use chopsticks!

Rose said...

I LOVE SUSHI TOO!! I specifically remember last year me discovering my love for it and sharing it with you. You told me that it was gross and you were sure you'd hate it. I can't wait to eat sushi with you :)

am258 said...

yaya :) im glad i can help with your sushi obsession! :)