Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Guitarist & Rehearsal Dinner

I never updated my blog about this: Last month we met with two guitarists for our wedding and decided to hire one.

I'm really proud of myself for finding someone under budget. I did a lot of research and contacted tons of guitarists and they were all quoting me way too much for just three hours of playing. I realize that they're talented professionals with expensive equipment, but we have a budget to stick to and I knew there were people out there who'd do it for less.

So, I decided to take things into my own hands and make the performers come to me. I posted an ad on Craigslist with our budget and exactly what we needed. We got over 20 responses, many of them from professionals with years of experience! And almost all of them were fine with the price we named ourselves. Take that, expensive guitarists!

We met with two guys in Santa Cruz, and if we didn't like either of them I had at least a dozen more in San Francisco and Oakland who would have worked too. It turned out that both were great and would have done a good job.

We also ate at two different Italian restaurants that we were thinking of to cater our rehearsal dinner and Kianti's was the clear winner. Yum!

2 comments:

MCW said...

What a great idea posting on Craig's list! This is the market for it!

Rebekah said...

Hey! Thanks for following! My husband and I will be moving to Beale Air Force Base around Yuba City. We aren't living on base, so we are currently looking for housing in that area!