Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 18, 2010

The venues are booked and the date is set! We're getting married on September 18, 2010! I get to marry this guy - how stinking cute is he?!


He's going to be my husband. Woo hoo!

We decided to have our ceremony at one of my favorite places in the world:



On a cliff above the Pacific Ocean. Next to a lighthouse. On a clear day you can see all the way across the Monterey Bay to the mountains on the other side. It's perfect!


I thought about getting married at this spot ever since I first discovered it (with James almost 3 years ago), but we were worried about parking, rain, and lots of other people watching. But we decided to just deal with it, because this location is breathtaking. We may walk a little way, and there may be 20 strangers watching but I don't care! ...if it rains, well then that would certainly screw up the plan. Then we'd probably have the ceremony at our reception site.

Speaking of which, we decided to book option #2 that I wrote about last week! It has a great atmosphere and I think (hope) everyone's going to have a ton of fun there. I was second guessing it because it doesn't have an ocean view, but now that we're having our ceremony at the ocean I'm okay with it. Actually I'm thrilled about it!

I love James, I love planning parties... life is good!

No comments: