Monday, September 28, 2009

Elk Grove Giant Pumpkin & Harvest Festival

I’ve been waiting a whole year for this festival. I discovered it when I worked at it last year (sometimes we host booths on behalf of clients… the grunt work of marketing).

They have a scarecrow contest, biggest pumpkin contest, a pumpkin patch where I’m going to pick out a few for our porch, and a pumpkin regatta. “What’s that,” you ask? People carve their giant pumpkins into boats, sit in them, and race across the pond! Some make it across, while others sink.

source

I admit that I might be too excited about this.

I encourage everyone to check it out – it’s even free ($5 parking though). It’s Saturday and Sunday, October 3 and 4 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. The web site says October 4 and 5, but that’s Sunday/Monday so I’m 98% sure it’s a typo (annoying).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A pumpkin canoe! It sounds like something out of a children's book! Now this I have to see.Thanks for the info.