Sunday, May 3, 2009

Goal #30: Volunteer my time with a nonprofit

Today James and I spent the morning preparing food at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services. I'd been wanting to volunteer there for a long time. I have plenty of free time, am extremely fortunate, and I think it's the least I can do for other people.

The work wasn't necessarily fun, but it wasn't hard or unpleasant. We sorted and bagged donated food that was passed out for free to people who needed it. I met a lot of great people - everyone there was so generous and happy to help.

We're going to keep going once a month or so. James joined me mostly because he needs community service hours as a requirement for his degree, but he said he's glad he went. I'm happy that we're able to help people who need it.

> 100 goals <

No comments: