Last night was my first attempt at cooking a whole chicken breast in a skillet. I was always afraid that I'd leave it raw in the middle and went with recipes that use an oven. It was really easy though, and this chicken was amazing. I’m going to make it again in a few days, maybe with lemon instead of lime because I have one already.
The green beans are from this recipe (I added cashews).
They were good, but not blog-worthy.
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoons black pepper
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons lime juice (I used the whole lime… not sure how much that is)
1. Mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley.
2. Sprinkle spice mixture on both sides of chicken breasts.
3. Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
4. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.
5. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, flipping frequently to coat evenly with sauce.