Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I just wanted to burn some calories

Today after work I was feeling restless. I needed to exercise, but I wasn’t quite motivated enough to go to the gym. The sun wasn’t setting for a few more hours, it was 70 degrees, so I decided to take a bike ride all by myself.

I rode through downtown and Old Town Sac, down the bike trail and all the way to Discovery Park. The whole trip was probably 3.5 miles or so, and it was lovely. The weather was great.

On my way back I went back through Old Sac and that’s where the fateful event occurred - the event I’ve warned James about no less than 3 times.



My front tire got caught in the railroad track. And I bit it. My handlebars and tire got bent to the side (luckily I was able to fix it), and my left knee and both hands got scraped and are actually bleeding!

I feel like I’m 11 years old again. What adult has a freaking skinned knee?! I wanted to wear a cute skirt tomorrow, but now that won’t be happening for a long time.

Then, I had to ride the next mile home. Alone. So sad.

No comments: