Thursday, June 21, 2012

35 weeks

As of today, I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I have 35 days until my due date! Eeeek!! I think I have felt hiccups down low, which would mean that baby is in the correct head-down position. I hope so.

Size of baby: The size of a coconut
Sleep: Sometimes I just can't get comfortable - the Snoogle helps on those nights but it's still crappy. I also get nighttime leg cramps which are super annoying.

Movement: Peanut certainly has more active, then more quiet days. He either moves more when I lay on my sides, or it's just more noticeable then.

Feeling: Physically I feel very tired. Emotionally I feel nervous that I'll be full term in just 2 weeks, and baby could be here soon! I don't want this babe in my arms until I'm done with my shower thank you cards, clothing is washed and supplies are ready.

What I miss: Reaching my feet easily... I can still put on foot lotion and tie my shoes - though they're both much harder. But for some reason it's almost impossible to reach the outside of my ankles to buckle my Saltwater Sandals. They've been retired for the remainder of this pregnancy. I had the hardest time putting them back on in the Ross dressing room the other day... I had to hold my breath and it felt like I was squishing my poor baby!

What I'm looking forward to: My baby shower - 9 more days! Also seeing my maternity pictures - I got 2 sneak peaks and they're gorge! Oh okay, I'll go ahead and put one here :)

Thanks sister! Love it!
Best moment this week: Saturday was my 26th birthday - I went out to brunch with my parents while hubs was at work. A burst of nesting instinct was also a great moment. I got some pictures and curtains hung that I've been meaning to do for months.

Worst moment this week: Nothing bad happened this week. I guess the heat (100+ on my birthday) would be the worst part.

Milestones: My uterus has grown about 1,000 times its original size! Baby's hearing is fully developed, and she responds best to high-pitched noises (so says the Internet... I haven't noticed this). If it's a boy, his testes have probably fully descended.

Cravings: Carbs, blueberries and blueberry flavored everything (cereal, bagels, cereal bars).

Food aversions: Veggies

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo! You'll find time for whatever is important. Don't worry-If you need help, Ask for it!

Anonymous said...

You are carrying high. I forgot what that means...Boy or Girl?

Stefanie K. said...

lol, I totally remember being unable to reach the outsides of my ankles to buckle sandals. So funny!!