Friday, October 7, 2011

Housewarming party menu

Our housewarming party was a success! Unfortch, I was too busy hosting and having fun to take any photos, but it was great. We had over 20 guests check out our casa, including my family, hubby's family, our friends and a neighbor! Here's what I served.

  • Pulled pork (in a crock pot) with buns. I made almost 8 lbs. and 2 or 3 lbs. were left over at the end of the night. I don't mind though - it freezes great and is still delish next time I want some :)
  • Meatballs (in a crock pot). I used this recipe but with 3 lbs. of frozen meatballs.
  • Cheese and meat tray with pepperoni, salami, chipotle jack, gouda and smoked cheeses.
  • Veggie tray with olives, broccoli, carrots, cucumber and hummus.
  • Spinach dip in a sourdough bread bowl.
  • Tortellini salad (the bag mix from Costco).
  • Mini cheesecakes - adorable with cherries on top! I made waaaay too many though.
  • Death by chocolate cookies - my mom provided these!
  • Soda, water bottles, red wine, beer and champagne punch.
I'm so glad that we held this celebration because I just love planning and hosting parties! Next one will be either Thanksgiving or our second annual tacky holiday sweater party!!

No comments: