Monday, May 23, 2011

Graduation weekend

Congrats to the newest college grad in our family, my little sister Rose! By next year, all four of us siblings (not to mention all of our spouses) will have Bachelor's degrees - not too shabby!

On Friday I worked until 3 p.m. and then rushed home to change for Sac State graduation at Power Balance Pavilion. Rose and her friend met me and hubby at our house, then we drove together. And drank champagne in the parking lot to celebrate. Champagne = classy!






After the ceremony we drove to my parents' house to get our party on! There were almost 30 guests. SUCH a fun party!







My grandparents are going to be in town from Texas all week because my brother's wedding is next weekend.

On Saturday my aunt and cousins from the Bay Area came over and we had a picnic in Old Sacramento. So much fun to get to see my aunt, cousins and three little second cousins ages (my best guess) 3, 5 and 7. I got a little sunburned but had a great time. It was super exhausting being out in the sun for several hours. Wish I had taken some pictures!!

Sunday was my mom's birthday! Happy birthday madre! My sister and brother in law hosted us all for dinner. They made Thai food, and I brought Italian cream cake made with this recipe.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

congrats to your sister!!!!

Rose said...

Such a fun day! Thanks for all your help with EVERYTHING, you're the best sister I could ask for!