Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cranberry Blueberry Banana Bread

I made this yummy bread last night because I had fresh cranberries that I didn’t know what to do with. I threw the blueberries in just because I had them, but it would be good without them too. I got the recipe from oceanspray.com and changed it a little.

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 mashed bananas (I happened to have 3, but I think the more the better)
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup chopped nuts – whatever you have
2 cups coarsely chopped cranberries
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

Grease a medium/small loaf pan. Mix sugar and butter together in a medium mixing bowl until completely blended.

Add banana, milk and eggs, mixing well. Add flour and baking powder, mixing just until moist. Stir in nuts and cranberries. Spread batter evenly in a loaf pan.

Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool. Makes 1 loaf.

Per Serving (1/12 loaf):
Cal. 284, Total Fat 12grams, Saturated Fat 6grams, Protein 5grams, Carb. 40grams, Chol. 57mg, Dietary Fiber 8grams, Sugar 20grams, Vit. A 98RE, Folate 17Ug, Vit. E <1mg, Vit. C 4mg, Sodium 178mg, Pot. 155mg, Iron 1mg, Calcium
66mg, Zinc <1mg

I love when recipes give you the nutrition info! My recipe was a little different, so the nutritional info will not be exact. I always try to add more fruit/veggies and less sugar/butter.

No comments: