Thursday, August 2, 2012

41 weeks!

Here I am - it's August and my July baby is still in my belly. James is on paternity leave and we're just waiting for a special little someone to make his or her appearance! I waited until the last minute to write this post, hoping it wouldn't be needed. Boo.


I had a midwife appointment on Monday. I was 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. She stripped my membranes. I had some testing done today and had a whole day-long debacle that almost ended in induction. That sucked.

Size of baby: Still a jackfruit. It's not going to get bigger than this. It's time to come out!
Sleep: I'm not sleeping very soundly, most nights I seem to wake up at least every hour or two.

Movement: We've had some very busy days lately. I already know my kid's schedule - active early and late (especially 7-11 p.m.) and sleepy midday.

Feeling: Ready! Well, as ready as I'll ever be. Hubs is so cute and anxious, and always asking me about any symptoms. Anyone else asking so much would irritate me, but I like it when he does it. He's going to be such a great dad!

I also feel bored because I haven't been planning anything, other than taking care of my newborn. My calendar is literally empty and James and I have just been hanging out all week.

Physically it's more of the same - overall fine but it's hard to get up/roll over; feet a little swollen; peeing every 15 minutes.

What I miss: I've seen a few cocktail recipes on Pinterest that I'm really wanting to try out.

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting our baby.

Best moment this week: Having our Bradley Method classmates over last week was so much fun!

Worst moment this week: Our induction scare (see previous post).

Milestones: Baby's getting fatter and growing longer hair and nails.

Cravings: Nothing. Though I did make this and it was goood!


Food aversions: Veggies.

No comments: