Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My attempt at being neighborly

After more than two weeks in our new house and having met only one neighbor, I decided it was time to take matters into our own hands and introduce ourselves. I whipped up some chocolate chip cookies and caramel bars, packaged them in cellophane and wrote out some nice cards.

Who wouldn't like us after receiving this?
The other night after work James and I walked to our five most immediate neighbors' houses to deliver the treats... knocked on the door... and to our dismay four of the five didn't answer! One we could see walk right by the door and ignore us.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they thought we were salespeople or weren't presentable or something. Whatev, neighbors!

The one woman who did answer was very nice and talked to us a bit about the neighborhood, which she and several others have lived in for 30 years. Better yet, the next day we found two thank you notes in our mail box! So we're off to a good start... I hope??

1 comment:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw that is very sweet of you! I was going to do the same when we moved into our new home, but our neighbors kinda beat us to it! They introduced themselves and made us feel very welcome! I am definitely thinking of doing little treat bags over the holiday's though! I think it'd be something nice to do!